View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-tech7 View Post
I live in San Francisco and the hills can be challenging at times.
I don't own the X7 yet but looking at the plain performance numbers, they look pretty similar to those on my Audi Q7 3.0T.

If it's anything like that, I can assure you that you don't need more power.

In addition, I've yet to see a single review, stating the 40i would be underpowered. In fact, some reviewers were positively surprised how well balanced and smooth the 40i was while still delivering power.

This is just one example - Did you say 'SAN FRANCISCO'? Then you REALLY want to see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ffdD0E1NY

Personally, I don't drive that much and could have lived with the lower MPG of the M50i. But then I asked myself why I should even burn more gas through my 10 minute commute where I would have never been able to take advantage of the 523 horses?

In addition, we are going to get two new vehicles in our household at the same time and I'm probably going to invest the saved $$ on the Lincoln Aviator with the plug-in hybrid option for my mother who is driving much more than me (15K miles/year). I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous about the power-concept the Lincoln will be offering. 494 HP and - get this - 630 lb./ft. of torque is quite impressive.
Appreciate 1
B6capt33.00