General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
BimmerCode doesn't allow you to code close trunk via KeyFob?

I have just remotely coded 2 or 3 G07 X7 for that feature in the past week.

It was one of the function that I have coded for my local customer almost a year ago.
It may be able to code that function, but just not using one of the pre-programmed codable functions that the app programmer has put into the app. BimmerCode has an "Expert Mode" that allows access to all of the codable parameters inside a given ECU. If you know which parameters you are looking for and what needs to be changed to get the functionality you want, BimmerCode can be a very easy, yet powerful coding tool. Most BimmerCode users don't use Expert Mode since you can really mess up things if you don't know what you are doing.

BimmerCode does not have access to all of the X7 ECUs yet so the use of the Expert Mode is still a bit limited. But the app developer is good about adding new ECU functionality to the app, and I would speculate that the app has access to the ECU needed to code the trunk/key fob functionality mentioned (but can't verify since I don't own an X7).
Oh yes. I am very aware about the Expert mode.
But, why the developers doesn't have it under normal mode since they are already able to enable the one via door button?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0