02-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #44
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
What do your neighbours think? "oh man he got a Ferrari! whats his next car gonna be? is that... a civic?"
i get similar reactions with the smart... people love to laugh and poke fun, and most of it is in good humor.
i've actually made friends at my gym from people approaching me about driving the smart and asking about "how i fit" (i'm 6'03" / 230lbs). people are mostly curious about it because its so oddly small- then the find out its electric and it launches a whole next level of curiosity.

the people that have had the most negative reactions are typically 17-22 year old males working in service jobs like a fast food drive through. i feel like that demographic typically has a narrow perspective and very short-time perspective that doesn't let them see past the car and the greater purpose it serves. i mean, my other car isn't a ferrari, but its not a slug, either.

another thing- people seem flabbergasted when i mention the [relatively] short 65 mile range of the smart. "what do you do if you need to drive farther than that?!" uuhh, i take one of my gas cars. *OOOOOOOhhhh!*

Last edited by roastbeef; 02-21-2019 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
519.E82243.00
Soul_Glo13296.00