09-29-2016, 05:36 AM   #10
Glounk
First Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 6mt MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoM View Post
I don't think its an issue for the majority of us.
Ive been consistently using BMC or K&N filters on all my cars for years and never had any issue with them. But I don't live in a very dusty area...

All tests from all manufacturers of these kind of filters show how well or bad they clean air from particles, which is something we simply don't know in paper filters. And it seems they do well...

Of course you need to keep them clean, but I prefer to clean them every 10K kms, rather on having a paper filter for 30/60K kms as the car manufacturers say.

The way I see it is they will not get visible benefits, but they are not doing anything wrong to your car, and no need to tune it, so if there is any benefit, even I don't notice, then I am fine. Same approach with oils...We all get crazy with getting the BEST oil, better than OEM...and we don't really know if there is a benefit there.
-Yes, in a dusty area like mine i keep changing the OEM filters every 20k, for peace of mind.
- For the high perf filters, what i can't understand is how more air you get in without getting more dust( silice dust is like diamond dust ) i guess the new generation oil we are using are doing the job to cover what dust is doing inside the engines !!!
Appreciate 0