03-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquarian View Post
If you are buying a 530d or 535i, To avoid a long wait, I suggest you spend a long weekend in the UK and visit some of the dealers to have a test drive, most of the dealers will have a 530d or 535i or even both,

regarding the 550,
I think the 550i in Europe, due to the current petrol prices and possible future heavy depreciation may not be an of the shelf model, and may not be an easy car to sell or resale afterwards, same applies for the Mercedes S500, or the RS6 where buyers will have to pre-order, and not have a vehicle of the shelf like in the old days.
Yeah, that would be one expensive test drive. I guess it could be an excuse to take a vacation (or a business trip) in the UK...

I don't think a sane UK dealer will let me take a brand spankin' new 550i for an hour of test drive, fully knowing there isn't any chance of sale.

By the way, the 550i probably consumes less gas than my I6 Z4 M Coupe (less than 20mpg combined). I had to pay a hefty gas guzzler tax on my M, but there isn't one on this V8TT monster.
Appreciate 0