View Single Post
      01-03-2024, 09:35 PM   #21
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5rivers View Post
I have been thinking about doing this as well (at least the matte PPF, front lip and cosmetic mods, wheels will have to wait), and your set up just convinced me. Looking fantastic man, thanks for sharing.
I'm glad this motivates you! Getting stealth/matte PPF done really differentiates this vehicle. There's no shortage of nice SUVs my area but it's very uncommon to see matte ones. Usually the matte cars around here are Tesla.

PPF price varies by region. In my area I was quoted $9.5K-$12K for the X7 since it's large SUV. Stealth PPF requires you to do the whole vehicle hence the expensive install quotes. If you were doing just clear PPF, you can just do the front end and high impact areas for a fraction of the cost. I decided to buy bulk materials and did the install myself. If you're a BMW CCA member, you can buy it directly from XPEL with a 20% discount. XPEL PPF material cost me $3K. If you purchased a PPF kit, it's probably double that cost and you might as well pay a shop to install the PPF for you. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself unless you had some experience. For example, a large piece to do the hood cost ~$300. If you mess up, that material goes into the trash so it's an expensive learning experience. I did the whole vehicle including the roof and door handles. It took an incredible amount of time but the outcome was pretty good. There are a few areas I need to fix or redo in the spring once the weather warms up.

I'm looking forward to getting the Maxton side skirts installed by then too to complete the look. I would love to get the X5M roof spoiler to fit an X7 but it's not a direct fit. Same with the fender flares. The X5M ones would look great on an X7 but I don't believe it's plug-in-play. There's not many modded X7 on the forums but I hope to see more. Glad everyone enjoyed the photos! Happy modding.
Appreciate 1