View Single Post
      08-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #22
IWC Doppel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
How many laps did you do on the Ring? Best lap time? No problems what so ever?
Just two laps, no problems at all. The turn in was excellent and the balance in the corners great. I was genuinely surprised at the composure, grip and feel of the car on the limit and beyond. The car felt fantastic.

I have driven the ring a number of times on public days and track days, still not enough to know the whole track but enough to drive the car hard in some parts. ALL other road cars modified or stock have felt very soft ungamely and out of water. Not so with the M3, I have driven a 911 (964) RS round the ring and yes this is more at home BUT the M3 felt beautiful up to and beyond the limit. By comparison an e39 M5 with PSS9 Bilsteins, negative camber plates, DINAN strut braces all round, Eibach roll bars and a full compliment of powerflex bushes felt heavy, unbalanced and clumsy. Yet on the ROAD the M5 felt awesome. The M3 really does both very, very well.

Accepting that the Ring is more road than say Silversone or Spa BUT the M3's performance was a genuine surprise to me. For anyone who has never taken their performance car on the track you will not of experienced the usual feeling of driving something that felt sporty, tight and great on the road only to feel as though you have swapped the car for a badly set up boat !

In short the M3 was SUPERB round the ring
Appreciate 0