View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

On a whim: picked up a fully loaded X7 xdrive50i - what a car

For a while now I've been reading about the X7 and have been tempted. I owned an X5 some years ago that I wasn't crazy about, before that had a 2002 M3 that I adored. This was my first BMW in a while.

Went to the dealer to have a look at them, walked in and saw there on the showroom floor a near fully loaded X7 xdrive50i with the M sport package and 22" wheels. I was blown away, and plunked down for a deposit on the spot. Picked the car up the next day.

It's configured with
- Carbon black exterior
- Tartufo leather interior
- M Sport package
- Premium package
- Executive package (with the laserlight headlights)
- Cold weather package
- 22" wheels
- leather dashboard
- trailer hitch (I'll never use this...)
- captain's chairs
- rear seat entertainment

Some pics below. First impressions after owning it for a week -- my goodness is it fast! It's also incredibly sporty, while at the same time being so smooth and luxurious on the road. I recall my X5 of a couple generations ago feeling very harsh on the road. And I had some concern that, with the 22" wheels here, it may be harsh. But it's incredible. Feels like the wheels are covered in foam mattresses... I don't know if that's the air suspension, or what, but man did BMW nail it.

It handles like a dream as well. And to top it all off, the interior is outrageously nice, as is the technology.

And lastly, I've seen all sorts of complaints online about the grill, but I don't get it. I think it's fantastic looking.

Overall the nicest car I've ever owned, and I have no doubt that when the reviews start trickling out, this thing is going to win all sorts of awards and accolades. What a car. Like I said, I believe BMW hit this one out of the park.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Wild Blue3683.50
SW192457.50
760Lifan450.50
SaintD4.00