View Single Post
      09-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
rfoss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Dude,

Honestly I thought remus race + x-pipe and HFC sounded terrible. My father, uncles, and brother all agreed. They thought it was "not quite as bad as a straight pipe Harley Davidson". I personally hate the WT jackasses who scream down our street at 6AM on their choppers and actually think they're cool because their exhausts wake the neighborhood, and somehow think it sounds good (it doesn't). So unclassy. The M with the remus race + x-pipe wasn't much better, although some will disagree. A 70K German sports car should not be set up to sound like a WT 10-15K motorcycle. No offense to all the Harley guys out there... Go with the sport or just keep the remus race by itself which is awesome. If you want x-pipe I'd go with AA, Remus/Eisie sport, or one of the quieter to mid-level volume exhausts. If you want really loud but don't want to sound like you're driving some WT POS then maybe go full Gintani....sound clips are siiick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
I'm waiting for my Encore Innovation X-pipe -w- HFC & Resonators. But am undecided of either going with the Remus Sport or Race. I'd rather it not sound like a Mustang but don't want it to be so loud that I'm gonna regret the R/Race. So my question to you and all is for daily driving in neighborhoods, city, what ever normal driving is an x-pipe and R/race set up going to be ok? Or are the neighbors going to call the cops if I'm not stepping on the gas in the streets? WOT I don't care because that's what it's all about but in the local area's I don't want the hassles. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Last edited by rfoss; 09-24-2009 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0