View Single Post
      05-07-2020, 11:08 PM   #1
Seattle996
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 6MT

R8.. 997TT.. possible car shopping

This is more of a rant.. my apologies I love my F10 M5 6spd, BPM tuned.. brutally fast.. amazing 4 door car! For a rear wheel drive car.. its a bit of a nail biter.. I never fully disengage traction control or I'd be in a ditch.

I've owned quite a few different cars but have mainly regretted selling the 2 previous 996TTs I had years back.

The bug has bit.. and I'm looking for a replacement around $65K. The 2 cars that keep me up at night are a 997TT and an Audi R8.. both of which need to be a manual transmission.

The 997TT is a dream. I love the looks and relative ease to modify that powerplant. Its been on my mind for awhile and its reachable with the budget I have in mind.. however another car is holding me back..

The Audi R8 w/ a gated manual. The V8 would be the only option due to my budget. I know the HP doesn't compare to a 997TT or the F10 M5 , but it looks so good. The design of it is amazing imo. And the sound and feel of that gated shifter is

I realize people are going to respond to the power differences etc.. but I'm wondering if anyone has considered the 2 recently. There is a beautiful 2009 R8 w/ manual transmission for sale near me and I'm so tempted to pull the trigger..

Here is a pic of the current ride:

EFFECTS by seattle996, on Flickr
Appreciate 0