View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 08:19 PM   #11
ducatiti
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saejin View Post
That’s too much...over MSRP. I’d cancel and then buy again...or take these quotes in and have them issue a refund. You can cancel anytime and definitely get full refund if it hasn’t been too long. You have to cancel through the dealership...they get a kickback from BMW maybe and then whatever they charged you over cost as profit. When you cancel they have to give all that back, so they will probably negotiate with you. Acura did with me when I requested to cancel...they ended up issuing a $500 refund and took the warranty to $0 deductible. I then traded the car in 2 years later, requested to cancel, and they were pissed. Will never deal with that dealership again and will probably never buy an Acura again.

I bought warranty and extended maintenance for our XC90. $6600 in total for both back in April 2019. Got a full refund for maintenance since I didn’t use any service visits and about 90% of the extended warranty. I’m getting back $5900 which I will put towards the BMW products.

In my previous post I thought the dealer was overcharging for the maintence but there is a $700 charge that covers brakes, wipers, and clutch for the first 4yr/50k of the warranty and then +1, +2, +3, and +4 prices are added.
I’d make sure your warranty includes the brakes as well. I’m sure it does.

Also, got some additional answers from my POC.
For brakes, there are no limits on how many times pads and rotors can be changed...however it's up to the service department to determine if they need to be replaced.
You can cancel both and get a refund...prorated depending on miles of the vehicle
Maintenance plan is transferable to a new owner, but extended warranty is not

So for a grand total of $9,049 your new X7 will fully covered to include all maintenance visits, brake pads, rotors, filters, oil, etc for 6 years or 100,000miles, whichever comes first. Given the cost of pad and rotor replacement being $2000 a pop, not factoring in inflation or typical cost increases, and you can probably expect at least 3 full replacements occurring before 100,000 miles that's already $6000. And then 7 service visits after the first included ones may be in the neighborhood of $2000 or more...really not sure how much oil changes are or brake fluid changes are, but given it's BMW probably not cheap.

With that said if you keep the car for 100K miles you'll at least have to pay $8000 for service and brakes. $1000 more for peace of mind and full warranty coverage to 100K is pretty cheap.

This only makes financial sense if you get to 100k miles first before 6 years. If you hit 6 years but only have 60K miles, then you lose out some.
Also, it's great that's its refundable, but once you get past 50,000 you don't get much back on the prorated refund.
Thanks for your input. I'm definitely considering to return both plans but where can I find the retail prices for these? When I was purchasing the X7, I was told by the financial dude that I'm already getting these at discounted pricing. Does it vary from state to state?
Appreciate 0