09-28-2022, 08:34 PM   #9
SUVLustMaster
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
i ended up doing 4 cams, 1 2K upfront and 3 1080p pointed right, back and left.

problem i have with the bmw drive recorder is that its not loop recording- you have to trigger the recording when something happens if its not something severe enough (crash).
i would ditch the external setup if there was a way to plug a flash drive in and have it loop record.

my brother bought one of my cars off lease and i had left my dashcam hard wired in.
he was driving by his company offices and a construction worker stepped out between two vans with piece of foam board balanced on the shoulder facing my brothers car. his foot got run over. no impact to the car. he said he was fine and that my brother could go.

guy filed a large lawsuit two months later claiming my brother hit him and fled.
I remembered i had left the dashcam on the car and my brother checked the microsd card.
thankfully it was a very large microsd card (128gb) and the video was still on it. the guys lawyer dropped him as soon as the insurance company sent over the video showing that he stepped out into the path of my brothers car completely unable to see where he was going, and that he spoke to my brother and waved him off. the guy got another lawyer that also dropped him after the insurance company sent over the video again. didnt hear from him again after that.
Sorry, are you saying you’re using the onboard Driver Recorder is your 4 camera setup based on external third party hardware?

If the latter, can you share how you installed?
Appreciate 0