View Single Post
      04-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

It only costs $400 to paint wheels

I keep seeing a lot of feedback about the color of the wheels and not liking the two-tone business, but I wonder if people are just against getting their wheels painted or don't realize it is as cheap as a great tint job.

I've had a lot of wheels I think I changed them twice a year when I was doing shows with my GT-R and I had a good relationship with a couple of body shops. It only cost me $400 and at most a week of time to get my wheels done. Is that too much to ask?

I know it's the nature of a forum to complain and nitpick especially when we are super enthusiastic and also because we are paying a premium for the car, but dang, if you hate it that much, then just paint it.

I've been through the "I don't like the color of my car" syndrome too. When I had the GT-R it was cool as a black car, until I was at a track meet and we all looked the same with the exception of my friends custom yellow GT-R. At that point I was in LA and I was ready to get sponsors and get magazine coverage and I asked how I could get it. They said it needs to look different, so I painted it blue when Nissan didn't offer that color for the first 4 years of the cars release. It cost close to $10k, but I got the color I wanted and it was hot/unique/etc and it still sold when I was tired of it.

Now you can get a car wrapped for much less and you don't have to take a hit on selling a custom car vs a factory car. Any thoughts about this where I'm not making sense?

http://bluer35.blogspot.com/ is the old blog that I had with all the different wheels and my journey with a color change.
Appreciate 0