View Single Post
      06-22-2016, 07:16 AM   #17
Snusmumrikken
Private
Rep
Drives: F36, 430DX M-Performance MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Best mod I've done on a car so far was stiffer anti-sways on my 2010 camaro SS. It's not like the handling sucked to start, but it was much better after. After doing engine/drivetrain mods on my WRX first, I promised myself on the next car I'd do suspension first. I did plenty of other stuff too, but the anti-sways were definitely the ticket. Springs is more of a visual-mod unless you are doing it with high performance shocks, springs lower CG a bit, helps a bit if you can match your damper-rate to the stiffer springs, but anti-sways will make the far more responsive to inputs, give better feedback, corner and make quick changes better, because it won't be throwing the entire mass of the car in opposite directions to nearly the same extent. The negative is when you hit a pothole or bump on one side of the car it will transfer that shock to the other side a little easier, as if you are running a solid-axle. You don't have the hookup problems of a solid axle, it's just a similar effect that one side is more "tied" to the other side, especially at slower speeds/forces.

On the other hand, stiffer anti-sways may kind of ruin you, because after you get used to them most other cars start to feel like boats on the ocean just dipping and diving with the waves when you turn the wheel. Super-annoying to feel how "loose" most everything else is.
You have a very valid point here, I think I now will go for the ACS springs as they seems to lower around what I want. This will give me the better look, but still keep some riding height for winter. I have also asked Dinan about shockware here in Norway, still no reply from them though.

Then as next mod it will be the sway-bars, obviously I am bit worried to what it would do to handling during the winter? But at least the 18" will do a bit as well compared to the 20" I have in summer.
Appreciate 0