View Single Post
      12-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #14
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsbmw View Post

How long have you had yours and how is it connected ? Any problems?
I've got two 0806's in two different cars.
Occasionally, I get the solid red light - not recording. It's annoying because you end up regularly checking the light is flashing.

On both set ups I have the cameras conected via a Blackview Power Magic Pro which allows the cams to run from the car battery after the power is shut off with voltage protection so you don't run down the car bar battery. This us optional but the set up is pretty much the same.

On the BMW I ran the cable from the cam, along the headlining to the drivers A pillar. I removed the A pillar cover and made sure the cable as clear of the airbag and followed the other cables down the A pillar. Note there are videos on YouTube that suggest you just tuck the cable across the top of the A pillar. Don't. It's where the air curtain is.
From there I tucked the cable under the door trim to the back seat. Pass the cable under the back seat and you get to the fuse box.

Because half the car shuts down at various times after locking, I took the permanent live feed straight from the battery (add an inline fuse). Earth to chassis or negative battery terminal. For the ACC I took the interior boot light fuse via a piggyback fuse holder.
Appreciate 0