NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadams95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Every 10K if you have a tune. You should re-gap them to the recommendations of the company that makes the tune you are getting. I have the BMS Stage 1 tune and I have about 4K miles before I'm going to check mine.
Question on the same topic, I have a 2016 M235i xD with 21k on it. I just got a JB4 but have not installed it yet, I also have a fabspeed muffler bypass being built. Should be on my car with in the next week or 2. No other mods.

Do you recommend new plugs before JB4 goes or is it okay to put it on? I spoke with JB4 rep and they didn't recommend plugs but I recently read about them on another post. I don't have any issues with my car now, and it runs strong. Would it be okay to but the JB4 on and if I get some misfires, then change the plugs out? I am sure they are stock plugs that have never been changed.

My local parts store has NGK performance plugs which come with a factory gap of 0.032 inch. Can anybody confirm if these will fit . Here is the link to the plugs. Im not even sure if these will work.

https://www.autozone.com/ignition/pe...lug/444815_0_0

**New to tuning and BMW**
As mentioned in the post above, it's recommended that you go with the N20 plugs that are colder. This will raise the limit for detonation once you up the boost with the Jb4. If you use the stock rated plugs you will burn them up very fast. Please make sure to tap them properly. Don't use one of those one piece round plug gap things. They are never accurate. .18 is the sweet spot. The part numbers are in here somewhere. You just have to find them.

I bought mine at the local parts place and used my 15% discount. It was around $54 for 4. I got the required thin wall socket on Amazon for less than $10.
Appreciate 0