MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Good for you - I am sure that will be awesome.

This is sort of a head scratching move by BMW IMO - there's no need to delay access to the car now....everyone now knows what's there or not included in the M2C.

I would think that giving the typical reviewers a chance to drive/video the car before production begins would drive up interest...
And that is what is going to happen... You have to understand that there are more cars in the BMW line up and for BMW and BMW M (like any other production company) it is vital that the marketing and PR departments work alongside each other within a planning for the year.

You might think that it is a head scratching move if you look only at the M2C, but as a member of the media (in my case the last 15 years) you easily know and see that the moment they have chosen is the right one within the greater scheme of things and the preparation for press events like the one with the M2C.

There are more than a 100 different media from across the world who are going to drive that car on one press event. Totally normal for any car manufacturer, and that asks time to plan it all well in a decent matter and making sure the media gets what they need for their medium.

Trust me for them it is the best timing with all that is on the table right now when you look at new BMW releases, events, holidays, etc. Oh and don't worry I think everyone's M2C will arrive after the embargo on the content has lifted. (Do we even have to convince the early adopters and buyers?) That is not always the case, look at the M3 CS, but I think it will be with the M2C.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 06-05-2018 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
Spare°257.50
Racer201029.50