View Single Post
      03-04-2019, 08:37 PM   #28
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
You guys are all so great; thanks for all the really kind words.

I'm thinking that since the convo quickly shifted to the new P-car (great topic, BTW!), I should try to get the thread moved over to the General car forum where I'd feel more comfy in elaborating on my first two amazing days of break-in miles, and other P-nonsense!

This forum is ***THE BEST***.
Would love to hear your thoughts.
The 991.2 you got is incredibly fast with those new turbo flat-6's. And having owned a 2013 991 for a brief time, the handling is not similar to my m235i, its far better but takes a more skillful hand to extract.
At first, all I got was understeer and oversteer until a racer buddy of mine told me, drive it as if with go-kart physics, ie load up the front tires into corners, get on the power early out of turns. Holy crap, when you get it just right its rather insane the amount of speed you can carry into a corner, not to mention crazy fun.

Also, I'll never forget the tactility in the steering, never drove anything since that has had that level of feel and precision.

Lastly, just look at the damn thing. Despite all the supercars in Miami, a modern 911 in the right color still always cuts such a beautiful, elegant, and sporty profile.

One day, hopefully, I'll pick up the 992 with its new big, wide butt!
Appreciate 1