View Single Post
      12-14-2022, 09:51 PM   #36
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Neither, my app sent me a notification and I opened it. It showed that there is an update I clicked accept/download and then it automatically downloaded thr data to my phone. As soon as I got into my vehicle with my phone connected the I idrive system showed a message (Preparing upgrade to 07/2022.58)
Yep. Got mine the day before yesterday but haven't updated the car yet. I will probably do that this weekend.

I did notice that the change logs only show three things (other than bug fixes) that have changed for iDrive 7. All the rest of the changes are for iDrive 8 only. It tells you at the bottom of each of the changes for the update if it's for iDrive 8 only. BMW calls iDrive 8 "OS8" and not "iDrive 8".

The three updates that affect iDrive 7 vehicles are:

"Lane Departure Warning: Adjustment of the warning signal."

"Lane Departure Warning: Optimized steering intervention for for increased driving comfort."

"Improved quality: Display of the current vehicle data in the My BMW App."

Everything else applies only to iDrive 8/OS8.

The million dollar question is: What did they break that was working before this update? I will be sure to post what I find over the coming weeks and months. I would be willing to wager that they for sure broke at least one thing as part of this update. I would love to be proven wrong when it comes to updates with BMW. It just seems to be in their nature to break something with their updates.
Appreciate 0