03-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #760
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd2524 View Post
New to the Board and in need of some advice / opinions. I have been researching buying an upscale SUV for sometime. After driving the GLS, Q7 and X7, I have settled on the X7 and have been shopping a new build with an MSRP of $89K. The best discount I have been able to secure (from several dealers) is $7500, or 8.4% which includes the $2000 financing incentive (the only incentive I qualify for). What do you think of this deal? Great? OK? Can do better?

Recently, I noticed a 2020 X7 from a dealer in another state. Their car has almost all the features I want but ramps, which I can live without or add aftermarket. The car is a loaner with 4000+ miles and has an MSRP of $96.6K. The dealer has offered a $12.3K discount or 12.7%. Is this a good deal or a great deal? What should I expect to get for a discount for a loaner with 4000 miles?

I plan to purchase and the "loaner" dealer has offered 1.49% interest versus 2.99% for the new build.

All thoughts, comments and advice are appreciated. thanks in advance.
depends on your model. a base line x40 (v6 vs v8), is smaller margins than a fully loaded M50i. x5 and x7 are high demand.
any BMW around -10% is a great price.

so assuming a 6 cylinder x7, 8% is a good deal. on the lot, you might get more after 3-6 months, if no one buys it.

on a loaner, sky is the limits. they vary so wildly. 12% is a great price, but you have to watch them closely. I was in negotiations for a v8 x5 loaner, and it turned out to have been used and major engine problems and electrical issues. it was the current model year (2017 in 2018) but it had been sitting for over 6 months. so even though it had 2000 miles, it was a junkyard one.

bmw has an internal maintenance records of each one (in addition to any carfax, they have stuff they can see). I had to call another dealership to give me the report list with all the problems of the other x5.
Appreciate 1