cbpip
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4C 3.0si 3 pedal

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyshyvanuk View Post
Had previously used an AC Hydraulic DK13HLQ floor jack and four Esco jack stands for a Z4M with an un-lowered Bilstein B6 suspension. The floor jack was just long enough to reach the center front jack point. I now have a QuickJack 5000TL bought used. Some thoughts:
I keep both rails on the floor underneath the Z4M with the hydraulic lines always attached. Even with all the pressure released from the lines, I find that the lines are occasionally difficult to re-attach.
I use a rubber "protector" over one of the lines (to the far side of the car) to allow the car to run over it without damaging the line. The line to the near side of the car runs around the front of the car. I keep the pump unit to the side of the car.
Factual or not, I feel a lot safer underneath the Quickjack with extra room to work.
Had similar experience but found the way to make attaching the lines easier is to depress the down button while attempting to attach the lines. It relieves the pressure on the line and makes it much easier.
Appreciate 0