11-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #9
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog26372 View Post
Euro gas is rated at Ron vs US using AKI. 93 in the US is equivalent to about 98 in UK. You aren't getting nearly 100 hp increase using 93 octane and 2 plug tune, sorry not happening. I do believe their peak power numbers probably reflect the engine power they claim, I'm also certain they are using BMW claimed power figures as the baseline rather than a real before and after dyno.
98oct is 98oct no matter where you are, I know european 98Ron equals 93oct but thats not what they claim to have used

I think adding that the test were done in the UK doesn't really make a difference if they claimed 98ron then everyone can figure 93oct gas would equal those gains (which they wouldn't) but they claim 94hp gain on 98 octane not saying I believe the claim its just they aren't claiming those numbers using 98ron or 93oct

"Performance number gains are quoted based on Engine Power Gains, not wheel horsepower. Testing on the products was done in the UK using 98octane fuel. VRTuned has tested these in-house on several cars and stand behind the Tuning Box Kits work as claimed."
Appreciate 0