Rep
Drives: BMW X740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Just saw a X7 the first time last weekend on the road, a lot presence and have to say it looks better than the competitions (MB mainly, imagine Escalade is a different crowd)
I thought BMW was being conservative with there 0-60 estimates 5.4 sec feels like the right number.

In the article they stated that the 2015 cadilac matched that X7 but we are coming from a 2015 Escalade and the transmission on that truck was so horrible it could never match the BMW in the real world. When you slam the gas down in that truck it hesitates for a second then whips your head back with abrupt shifts. The hesitation is so bad we were hesitant to pull out in traffic. The X7 on the other hand is vey smooth and acceleration is very linear.

Also I find it funny that Lincoln claims the navigator can hit 60 in 5.5 sec when motor trend was .4 sec slower and BMW claims 5.8 and motor tend was .4 faster.
Think the 2015 Escalade has a 6 speed transmission?

I think they went to 8 and now are at 10.
No I had a 2015.5 they switched to the 8 speed mid year. The six speed was actually a better transmission. The 8 speed was garbage. The 10 might be better.
Appreciate 0