07-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #34
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
Sorry I offended, it was actually supposed to be more self/family deprecating and humorous based on my real world experiences. I fixed to to say what I was actually thinking at the moment vs what my fingers typed... it was late and I was tired, obviously didn't proof read correctly...

And before you get even more triggered, my wife is a wonderful driver 90% of the time. Occasionally however she gets in a rush, flustered and careless when in tight spots and makes mistakes. Hell even I make mistakes.

My point was, as much as I love Alpina this is a 600 hp $140k+ SUV with 21" or 22" multi spoke wheels and and will likely get dinged up being used as a daily. I'd rather have an exotic or semi exotic toy that gets treated correctly by both myself and my wife rather than spend it on a big fast SUV, but to each their own.
Not actually offended, and you’re not wrong. Most of my friends drive around in their huge Yukons and Escalades, oblivious to curbs and parking stops. But I think most of their husbands drive the same way. Most people just don’t care for their cars the way we do.
Appreciate 2
Schmitz241.00