View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimustang View Post
Looking for some guidance. Finally talked my wife into ditching her Escalade and going to the X7. Order placed, hope to take delivery in November. We live in Southwest Michigan - snow belt - feet and feet of snow every winter.

We always run a dedicated snow. I have 285/45R22 Blizzak DM-V2's that we mount and dismount each year. Love these tires in the snow. This set of 4 have only run one season on the Escalade. X7 (M50i) is coming with the 22" Y-spoke staggered wheels. Wheel width is in range for both front and rear for this tire size, but question is will it fit and will it freak out the computers? It's 1.2 inch diameter bigger than 315/35R22 on back. This is by far my easiest and cheapest option.

Alternatively I have picked out a set of 20" wheels and DM-V2's in 285/50R20's from TireRack that should work fine too and I can have them within a few days so availability is not an issue unless brake clearance will cause an issue with 20's on the M50i. Not finding a lot of info in my searches.

Thoughts on the 285/45R22's?
I'd give it a try and raise the height of the suspension with the adjuster.
Appreciate 0