E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I'm not a Rosberg fan, but I do think it's funny how many Lewis fans are up in arms of someone else driving aggresively. It's what every world champion or potential world champion will do repeatedly at various times in every race. The fact that they are more often then not successful is part of what separates them from the racers who never win. I saw Rosberg pushing it hard and trying (and failing ever so slightly) to bake and cut back across Hamilton's rear. Didn't work out for Hamilton and it also cost Rosberg the win thanks to the extra time in the pits to replace his wing. If it had been Alonso or Kimi hitting Hamilton would we have the same hysterics - I doubt it. Everyone would have just said - well that was very aggressive, but bad luck for Hamilton. Alonso did do same thing to Vettel later, but I don't see anyone complaining about him.
I think the tipping point of the entire drama was when Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff both placing blame onto Nico immediately. And when the post-race debriefing that Nico admitted he wouldn't back off to "prove a point", and adding more fuel to the fire. (That could be caused by the booing and many other reasons) Mercedes PR did a poor job trying to brush off the entire thing as a racing incident.

IF (hindsight is a beautiful thing) Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda put a small blame on Nico. Saying something like he is pushing and tried an over-optimistic overtake on Les Combes, but unfortunately in contact with Hamilton's left rear. It is unacceptable for both drivers to have contact in the race, and they should know better. We will remind them they both racing for the team.
Something like that would let the whole thing go away.

Hell, Mercedes PR could even use this opportunity to tell the public that they are a "racing team".
"We allowed our drivers to race, this is the risk we are taking. However, having said that, both cars colliding each other was unacceptable. We will talk to both nico and lewis and remind them they are allowed to race but team result comes first."
Something like that.

just saying~