View Single Post
      04-12-2022, 10:10 PM   #13
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
you need to try it with your own setup, one thing for sure, sound system are super subjective. Some likes highs, other med, and most people like super bassy sound.

The comparison need to be done on the same video; same movie or same test audio file. Atmos is simply more convenient when you are in the 7.1 and more range. I'm waiting to have more choice on the market, but my amp is capable of 9.2. So I can arrange something like 7.2.1.

Also dB levels and delay are easy to setup with simply a phone db meter and a measurement tape.

- getting the right speaker distance in the amp setting, make sure the speaker a firing up at the right moment

- db, no need to get a precise measurement, only to have equal db on the sound test.

these 2 steps make a difference.

I like vintage speaker, so I have vintage speaker on a new amplifer. And the sub is over powered to my taste, and I added one extra sub 2 weeks ago next to my saufa, @40hz, so it act like a shaker/exciter, love it.

then for the total experience, you need acoustic everything : wall, ceiling , floor.

On my experience, my atmos files were not as punchy to my 7.1 multichannel. And I wont increase db to my surround speaker only for atmos files. I have to many 2.0 and 5.1 on my plex, and only few atmos
I did use the same source material in my system as what he played in his. Regardless, the source material was played on his system first. To me it was not natural and too synthesized and that's before hearing the same source material on my system.

I'm fully aware of proper system set up. My surround processor requires a laptop with specific software from Meridian to program the processor. I also use a dB meter to get things dialed in.

It's not a full frequency measurement, but this shows I have the system and room dialed in pretty well:

Name:  215697_1027531341461_4809_n.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  43.4 KB

I also have acoustical treatments through out my room and my speakers are properly placed. My speakers are also exactly voice matched as they're the same speakers across all channels. The only one that's a bit different is the center channel. It uses the exact same drivers as the mains and surrounds, but they're oriented horizontally. The center is also sealed and not ported like the other channels. But the center is placed at a height where it is at the same horizontal plane as the mains.
Appreciate 1
oVeRdOsE.2763.50