View Single Post
      10-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #12
indus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 M5

I had another drive of the 530d M sport today (even though I'm after a 535dMS) which didn't have the adaptive drive. Again I was mightily impressed by this car, this time I switched the sports gear box to sport. I felt this made the steering feel better (ie heavier), does it do this?

Anyway, all I'd like is just a little bit more sportiness characteristic to the handling of this car. It's very good already, I'd like it just a little bit more sporty. Rseyd, I'm not sure 20'' wheels would really accomplish this.

If adaptive drive in sports mode/sports mode + could just improve things by another 10% or so, so that I can corner just that bit harder I'd be happy to spend the extra £2k it costs. It would also give me the advantage that if I were travelling on very bad roads I could switch to comfort.

The dealer is trying to source me a car through the network somewhere so that I can try out adaptive drive prior to ordering.

I suppose the other option would be to keep the M Sport suspension but add something like AC Schnitzer springs. I wonder if they are better/stiffer than the M Sport ones?

Thanks again rsyed for your input.

Ps the inside of the F10 is just so gorgeous, a huge step up from the E60
Appreciate 0