11-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-mw View Post
Hey gang, been lurking around this forum for nearly a year now and thought I would finally pop in and say hello. I feel as though I’ve learned a lot from just browsing around here, so thanks to those that go out of your way to share your wealth of knowledge and experience.

I had an opportunity to get into an S85 M5 a few years back only to find that its price was too good to be true (rebuilt). That got me to Bimmerpost where I discovered the intoxicating beauty of the M3. Originally, I set my sights on a 2011 E92 Alpine White/Fox Red combo.

After eight months I had gone through too many PPI’s, too many scraped Frozen White/Blue Editions (where are the reds?!), too many warranty quotes, and way, way too many paranoid-inducing rod bearing discussions. I almost gave up at one point two months ago, but I’m glad I didn’t. Just before I almost called it quits I found a 2013 Interlagos Blue/Novillo combo that was only a day’s drive away from home. Under 25k miles, ZCP/PPKG/CWP.

Before seeing the car in person I thought Interlagos Blue was a very bland flavor, especially compared to LeMans. This was mostly due to the pictures I had seen being taken in overcast or low light conditions, but regardless I could not have been more mistaken. After a test drive and PPI I pulled the trigger. A good friend and I booked a one-way flight and returned with the car later that night. The way this color scheme adapts to light is absolutely stunning! And the best part is that I hadn't seen it under the sun until after it was brought home.

The following weekend I met up with another friend to learn how to give the car a proper detail and so we got to work at the crack of dawn…

Extended maintenance and soon signing off on a Fidelity warranty (factory ends first of the year). First “mods” will be cosmetic (tint, reflectors, gloss black front/side grilles, mirror caps, H5 V8 Lux Angel Eyes). Planning on repainting the front bumper imperfections then applying a clear bra over most of the car. Eventually looking forward to a Dinan DCT tune, intake, and doing the OEM exhaust mod, but I’m eager to hear any suggestions you guys might have on changes that can enhance the driving experience.

Religiously obeying operating temps and still saving myself for my first 6k+ RPM pull. Glad to be here and could not be more thrilled
Finally you bought her and with some advice from a guy from Belgium !
And she looks fantastic with her showroom shine ...your pics deserve the frontpage from a car magazine !

Congrats my friend !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0