Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawzy44 View Post
Thanks.

Yeah I am stuck with 3 of the wire harness connectors. I'll take a look at the link and try the method you suggested.

On a side note I had my car at BMW Toronto to get the new I step firmware -which I now have.

They wouldn't do the VO coding or the install as they said "BMW will not authorize the installation of the parts you supplied without voiding your warranty. Once the car gets plugged in at any dealer, BMW Canada will be notified by the data of the install then the warranty will be cancelled."

Crazy.

Anyone know someone who can Vehicle Option (VO) code S4A2 remotely for me?!?!
That's quite a statement. Usually modifications would only void the warranty on impacted system, and they have to prove the modification caused the problem. If they say changing your iDrive controller voids the entire car that sounds like complete bullshit. Now it's possible if they upgrade the car your coding would be lost, because it's not enabled for your VIN, but you would just code it back on.

RE: Coding, search on the iDrive/Electronics/Coding forum, at least one person has done it.
Thank you!!!! I got the console off and the I-drive installed. Interesting though the start stop button didn't fit. I believe my CC set I bought came from an X6. I may fiddle with things and see if the start stop mechanism can be swapped or not.
Attached Images

2024 BMW X1 28i
2023 BMW X3 M40i
2019 BMW 440iX M Performance Cabriolet
Appreciate 0