View Single Post
      07-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Amazingly rude customer at dealership...with pic!

If you know this guy please let him know he is an entitled asshole!

I was at a dealer in Cincinnati for a wheel warranty claim - all I had to do was drop by for them to scan my key and process the claim. Should have taken five seconds.

So I get there and this is this customer working with my service advisor. Apparently his name is name is Gary and he was dropping off his 7 series for an oil change. I don't even think it was a 2014 or 2015...looked like a couple years old. Well, our friend Gary refused to accept a 3 or a 5 series loaner car despite the fact that most dealers don't have 7 series on hand as loaners. He complained for 45 minutes about how "he would be embarrassed to be seen in a 3 series" and how "if he brought home a 3 series he would need someone from the dealership to hold a billboard hiding it from his neighbors." He didn't even need a loaner car in actuality because, as he made a point of mentioning, "He has plenty of other nice cars to drive."

When service couldn't get him a 7 series, he got the sales side involved and made everyone wait while his regular salesman came over to see what they could do. This all happened while a line of customers, including me, was building up behind him.

The BMW dealer handled the situation amazingly, even going so far as to call a competing local dealer to check if they had a 7 series they could borrow for him, but the guy just didn't care.

This guy was literally the most entitled person I have ever seen. All of us customers in line waiting were driving 3 series, 5 series, etc. And he was just shitting on the cars saying he was embarrassed to even be seen in one. And he didn't understand that the dealership couldn't just give him a brand new unsold 7 series off the showroom floor to drive.

Unreal.
Attached Images

Last edited by paradoxical3; 07-23-2015 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0