Thread: Ping.....
View Single Post
      12-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

As I said, all makes and models have there good and bad and this extends to the CLA45 and the M235. I know a lot of people try to compare these cars but I personally don't see them in the same light. First and foremost, 4 door as opposed to 2. Yes, both are clasified as coupes but one is more practical if you are constantly transporting more than one passenger. I have a 1 ser coupe and know the drawback when I have business people to transport. Looks are subjective so everyone will have their opinion either fore and against. I personally couldn't wait 12 months for a car but to each there own. As for pricing, MB will discount on the CLA45 /250 even though they are on a 12 / 5 month wait and also have a comparable corporate package that includes servicing but you need to use good negotiating skills. Having said that, not all MB dealers are willing to negotiate on price but I did find a couple that would and certainly the one I ended up going with negotiated hard but fair. Anyway, the point of my post was that I personally think BMW are at a point that they are trying to be all things to everyone ensuring they have something to offer every buyer but doing so diluting the prestige image of the brand.

Once Holden, ford and toyota stop manufacturing in Aus, let's see if the LCT or taxing changes on imported cars. I bet it won't change by much. Will we see parallel import? Bet the Automotive industry won't allow that.
Appreciate 0