View Single Post
      06-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #21
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulT_335i View Post
Excellent write-up roxxor. I was looking at doing it DIY and couldn't find what cable was the one to connect the camera to the control unit.

I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions:

Can you confirm the only parts you require in post #11?

Also, did it look like the plugs on the end of the camera cable could be dismantled allowing you to make up a longer cable yourself so the control box could be mounted in its original location?

Finally, you mention which pins connect to the CIC. I have NBT, so I don't suppose you could find out which pins I would need to use could you?
Don't mind at all! That is correct, the parts in post 11 are all that is needed. The part # listed above for the retrofit cable is actually a set which includes the camera cable and the harness for the control unit.

As for the camera cable itself, it would be pretty hard to splice into it. After researching it, you could buy a longer HSD cable(part #61129241791) which would allow you to run mount the control unit in the original location, but that would be an added expense since the retrofit cable set is all that is needed. The way the unit it mounted in the trunk behind the side panel, it is not visible at all, even if you open the battery compartment.

Pin layouts should be the same for NBT as well since I don't believe the MOST connector pinout changed.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Appreciate 0