View Single Post
      12-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #1
ex12psi
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

M Performance coilovers - WAY too high in the rear

after installing the MP coilovers, the rears are actually sitting higher than stock. MUCH higher than stock at least 2 inches i estimate.

i installed the suspension myself, having done hundreds of suspension jobs in the past i am certain the install was correct. I actually took it all apart and rechecked, and reinstalled. I'm totally stumped.

Another forum member had the exact same problems as me so i'm glad i'm not alone, but i wonder if him and i both got incorrect rear springs? he remedied by removing the rear spring height adjusters and it looks great. however i would like to run the adjusters since i do want to corner balance and also for the peace of mind of knowing i got the right part. i want to be sure that there wasn't some sort of screw up from bmw.

And I found another forum member who's outcome was great! and he is running the rear adjusters. i have not been able to find many data points around this so hoping if i start my own thread someone else who's experienced the MP coils will chime in?

Please note, the rear adjusters are at their maximum lowest setting. the spring seems to be shorter than the stock spring so that gives me a little relief. but as soon as you couple the spring with the adjusters and adjuster pad, it is about the same length as stock, so you'd expect the ride height to be at the very least same as stock? in my case however (and the other forum member), the ride height increases in the rear.

the front is perfectly fine. i hope that there are others here who have gone through installing this kit.

thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0