04-04-2020, 07:54 PM   #67
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL311U View Post
I've used Executive Detail for years to keep the M3, my boat, and a few race cars cleaned up. They do paint correction and detailing for me. I looked at Extreme Colors and some others, but got pretty good reviews of IGL from a buddy who is an FI Manager at a dealership.

The pricing was fairly consistent for everyone. Around $1k for the basic workup and around $1500 for the longer-lasting coatings and to coat the suspension/inner "barrels" of the wheels.

I also liked that the cost at Executive Detail included compounding out any swirls, doing paint correction, and then doing a cured-on coating in a paint booth.

I've heard really good things about Extreme Colors as well, just no long-term relationship with them.

What was most shocking is the condition of the pain post-PCD delivery. There were some pretty major scratches and swirls already in the paint (about 22 miles on the car when I took it in). (I'll see if I can get the "before and after" pictures).

I was hesitant given that I lease cars, but the time-savings in washings and the savings on waxing has been pretty amazing. I didn't know that I would "buy in" to the ceramic coating stuff, but I am a true believer now.
Thanks, good to hear!
Appreciate 0