View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #10
knepsterd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
I feel like buying cars on the lot is a compromise to a certain degree unless options don't mean much to you. having said that, ordering is a plus because you won't waste money on something you don't need/want. That's considered a saving for me. Find a good dealer/sales who doesn't push you to buy something on the lot if you don't find something you like. Dealer/sales deserves to make fair amount of profit if they spend the time with you to get what you want. Consumer needs to understand that.
The problem is 98 percent of car dealer sales folks are clueless on what they sell. Shame on the dealership for not training them on the product they sell. I never find them authentic and always seem to be full of themselves. Maybe that's just cause it's the tri state of NY. I can't wait till AI and machine learning rid the car salesman—I don't know a single person that finds going into a dealership to buy a pleasant experience. The dealership model will be gone in the future. But that will be a while but is in lockstep with autonomous electric cars being mainstream.
Appreciate 1
Alias1431798.00