03-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #1
1800cc
Sunny Chu
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 Estoril Blue 328i 2014

Question F30 Msport RWD AutoCross prep. Looking for feedback on setup as well

Hello,

This is my first post. I have about 30k miles on my manual 6 speed Msport EBII 328i now. I've got the stock Msport suspension(not electronic). I've been autocrossing for a few times in my 99 miata and once in my F30. The miata is going to be sold so I am going to start auto Xing my F30 this season. Got a couple questions about the car's setup.

First off tire situation:

I hate the understeer on the current staggered setup. No matter how much I play with the pressures. Maybe I am doing it wrong? So I am going to buy my friends 18x8 et34 441M wheels from the 435i xDrive M Sport. The plan is to use those wheels and run a square setup.

Question: Since these tires come with 225x45x18 is that going to ruin the way BMW wanted the suspension to work?

My current (stock) wheel specs are 225x40x18 up front and 255x35x18 in the back. Eventually, I plan on running a wider setup like 245 or 235 on the same wheels for the track.
Aiming for streetability and usability. By usability I mean I want to be able to rotate my tires and maximize the usage for them.

Alignment situation:
Is the current stock alignment appropriate for my uses?

Or is there a good setup thats already out there that people are using on stock cars or on cars with camber plates. Respectively I'd like to stay away from buying more parts for the car, but I'd like to hear about your experiences with camber plates and how the additional camber/setup helped you.

Brake fluid for track days and stock brake pads:

Question: Is the stock brake fluid on my Msport Brembo brakes suitable for track use or do I need to change them to high temp from Motul?

Question: How are the stock pads from those who have used them. If they aren't appropriate, which pads should I go with for street/track? My car is still under warranty so I'll have to see if I can get new pads before the warranty is up.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback, recommendations, comments. Excited in F street for autoX this season!

Last edited by 1800cc; 03-01-2016 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0