United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 m340ix

Garage List
2020 M340I X  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryivnx View Post
I love good data.
This is why I decided to do baseline Dyno runs before I do anything to my car.
I picked my car a few months ago, had a proper break in period and the took it to the dyno.
- dyno used: DynoJet (same shop I've been using for years).
- fuel: 91 oct California gas. Last runs were 91+1 bottle of Torco octane booster diluted in 3/4 of the tank.
- temp: ~70F throughout testing.

Results:
- I have to say that car performs pretty consistently. Best of 4 baseline runs I had 366whp and 369wtq. This is impressive on stock car with 91 gas.

- then I put in 1 bottle of Torco just for the heck of it. Result was 372whp and 385wtq.

I don't know what percentage of power is lost crank to wheels on these modern platforms but if advertised power is 382 then that loss is 4.1% which I have a hard time believing.
If we look at 10% loss then this engine makes ~410hp and just as much torque.

I'm uploading dyno graphs and video.

In the video red run was an outlier and we were still trying to dial in the dyno.

[COLOR="Red"]Here is the video on the Dyno:[/COLOR]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAilsSwGdg0
I run 93 Octane always(live in northeast) I put the jb+ on just as an experiment on all dial settings and the mid range is unreal the amount of tourque. Touch of lag at 4.5psi over stock sweet spot is probably 2.5.. but the 4.5psi over stock the car with traction on def wants to break loose. But stock, I had one of the first US cars that was a BMW of North America executives car which was not detuned. So it's dynoing on the high end @93 octane. Car is a little more consistent without the jb+ but it's still fun either way. Had someone drive it stock and drive it with all different boost settings just so I know it's not placebo lol. 366 to the wheels is right around what they advertise the car at, bhp wise,def under rated.. the first cars were shipped here with the 415 hp... either way, it's slept on. The m550 on the highway couldn't pull away from me.. I was on his bumper all the way and was so close I was pretty much pushing him to 140mph I had no room to pass. Yea not safe, but should've seen his face. Priceless
Appreciate 0