View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 11:48 PM   #2441
Sat Pat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2025 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer303 View Post
Many dealers I've contacted are quoting me 1-3% off MSRP for MY2024-40is sitting on their lot for more than 2 weeks collecting dust. It's over the phone. Is that a typical opening offer over the phone?
For a ‘24 still on the lot, you should be able to do MUCH better. See my comment from a few days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sat Pat View Post
For a 2024 on the lot, I would consider 10% off MSRP before incentives as the bare minimum, especially if the dealer has 34 of them to move. A dealer on the East Coast offered 11% for a 2024 in production. He flat out refused to take my custom order because he already had more than 25 on the lot, and seemed desperate. I feel like he would have agreed to 12% had I been serious about buying that day.

If you want to custom order a 2025, I would suggest starting with broker pricing as the baseline for negotiation with the dealer. Pricing spreadsheets from multiple brokers are available here, which you can find with a quick search. All are in the range of 8-9%. Email the dealer and offer them that you have a configuration ready and that if they can match or exceed broker discounts, you will order through them today. That’s what I did.

Edited to add: Don’t reward dealers who play games. I walked out of a dealer on principle when he refused to take off a $600 dummy fee. Imagine losing a $100k+ sale over $600.
Appreciate 1