View Single Post
      10-24-2018, 07:52 AM   #10
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I cracked a 16" wheel on my 325 the first time I took it through NYC. It had the stock size 205/55R16's on it which had plenty of sidewall.

I have been on some of those roads you describe in upper state NY. They are awesome. I think a lot of it has to do with how much winter damage the roads see, as well as traffic. Many of those northern mountain roads hardly see any traffic.

I know in CT, our terrible roads have to do with government corruption and tax money going to anything besides road maintenance. We have bridges that are falling apart, and highways that are hammered daily by large trucks going from Boston to New York. Many of the back roads I drive on a daily basis have been patched so many times instead of freshly paved, that a dirt road might be smoother. One in particular has so many craters it looks like the damn moon.

My 325 still has 16's, and I just bought OEM 17's for the 328. Not sure how anyone can drive on 18s or 19s to be honest, for both comfort and wheel destruction reasons. My friend has an E46 330i ZHP with the large wheels and he has bent quite a few of them.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

Last edited by CTinline-six; 10-24-2018 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0