View Single Post
      01-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #19
stanleyfalls
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
BMW probably changed how they equipped the cars since the 7RR perf pkg came out, purely for profit. They used to have the foglite oil cooler when u order the sport pkg in '08 in Canada. It's my guess they nixed it now unless u order the 7RR.
210 o F is 98 o C, that's pretty good my 3.5i w/o the factory cooler runs at betw'n 100-110 o C in city traffic.
One pass is hardly any stress on these engines. High speed in the summer in Death Valley or over black Georgia asphalt would be the test.
I agree it must the addition of the 7RR Perf Pkg that caused the 2010 35i with Sport Pkg to have the open driver side fog light grille. My curiosity is whether or not the new design engine mounted Modine oil cooler is also installed or if BMW decided the earlier version air to air oil cooler alone is better suited to performance driving. My oil temp in normal driving sits at 220on the guage. It seems unlikely that the engine would have both oil cooler designes but If anyone with a 2010 Sport Pkg with 7RR Perf Upg can let us know if they have both oil cooling units it would clear some of this up. One other thought is where is the transmission oil cooler? I see in the main grille there is a skinny unit at the top front of the main radiator which I would think is for A/C and then the larger unit at the bottom front of the main radiator, is this for the transmission?
Appreciate 0