DavidI
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C LCI

Thanks for the kind comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa100 View Post
just little touches like that that makes me feel they saved money in places.
Time will tell...
It's an interesting one isn't it - illuminated door sills but not the steering heat button, no HUD or driver assist buttons, the ventilation controls are definitely cheaper. Yet it all looks and works absolutely fine, and in real terms, especially after discounts, the relative price has fallen for what is clearly a more advanced car. I'm worried I sound like my dad when Mercedes replaced the W123 that was so solid it must have cost a fortune to manufacture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-xpilot View Post
Fantastic looking car! Congrats!
A couple of points:
1) I have the extended luggage pack in my g31 and it does include the elastic straps on either side of the wheel recesses. They are, however, of limited use, since they can barely extend to hold a large bottle of water (1,5 liters). If you want I can take a pic and post it here.
2) the parking assistant is great when it works but picky about space and also it has zero qualms about putting a rear wheel onto the curb when doing parallel parking. I have yet to see a curbing, also you’ve specd the sensible 19” wheels, but on 20s I’d be very hesitant to use it.

Nice to see you’ve got the MPPSK, waiting on mine here!
Thanks! Thanks also for the offer of pics of the elastic straps but I saw them on a Dutch video review of the G31 dedicated to the boot - that's thorough I'd actually find them quite useful as I've always got bits and pieces floating around in the boot - the F10 had a tray behind a wheel arch that I filled with rubbish regularly. I find it interesting that the dealer and/or factory could miss them out if they were meant to be there.

Must admit I wouldn't have ordered the parking stuff if it weren't for the cameras. I could never park using the rear camera in the F10, the car was always wonkier than when I used the force

Good luck with the MPPSK, sure you'll enjoy it!
Appreciate 0