View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
hpapad01
BMW CCA member and you should be too!
Rep
Drives: DYII E93 M3,540 M-Sport,911C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I am having this guy repair mine on Monday....

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/curb...0aFy6B2Q1vsPow

I talked to the lady with the m4 wheel who had it done and she said he had him do hers twice and she was happy with it. I called the repair guy and he said it won't look perfect, it may appear a bit lighter on the edge but you would have to look close to see it. The example pictures on the m4 wheel look good to me...

Also my dealer says they have someone who does it. If I am not happy perhaps I will try that.
I would let the dealer use their guy to do it.

Supposedly the factory M wheels use a different shade of silver. When my car was brand new the dealer run it through their car wash (without me knowing) and they scraped the rear driver side wheel. I had not even driven the car yet .

Anyway, they took it to their technician which has a setup shop behind the dealership and he fixed it perfectly.

I met the guy and he told me the trick is to much the M silver by mixing 2 different silver paints. Obviously he had done it many times and to this day I cannot tell where it was repaired. The dealership manager offered to order me a new wheel if it was not fix to my satisfaction, but it was not necessary after it was fixed.