View Single Post
      09-09-2022, 12:12 AM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I had to wait a month to get my Toyota back from the body shop last year. Hit a rat with antlers. The body shop set expectations about how long it would take to get my car fixed due to parts shortages. The initial plan was to wait till the parts that seemed to make up the major part of the repair were available. But to my body shop's surprise, the parts were showing available. So they told me to bring my car in. Well, when they went to order the parts, they were no longer available and on back order.

The day I picked up my car after it was repaired one of the body shop employees told me it's gotten worse in the month's span. Said someone came in with the exact same car that she hit some road debris and had similar damage to the front as mine. They checked on inventory and what they got out of Toyota was no ETA. Didn't even show up as back ordered. The no ETA signified that the parts weren't even in production and they couldn't get an answer on when they'll actually be produced. So that lady was in a worse situation than me.

Another thing which I think is totally F'd up with at least State Farm is the rental car coverage. I have this on all of my vehicles. Well, I hit the maximum coverage limits due to the parts shortages. State Farm made zero exceptions to rental coverage limits. I ended up paying out of pocket for excess charges beyond the coverage limits. So be aware that you'll most likely run into this issue with your insurance company too. That's if you can secure a rental car. That was also a challenge when I had to put my car into the body shop.

PS: Why is this thread in the exercise, health, and nutrition subforum?
Appreciate 1
chassis6552.50