View Single Post
      06-02-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

I know that X7s have built in antitheft alarm systems built into them but I have never had them working on mine. Probably I might have some sensors/features disabled or not properly set?

Here is what I have experienced most of the times;
1. I leave the car unlocked (engine off), Key fobs far away from the range of the car in a parking lot. Leave the car like that parked for over 20 minutes. I reach back out to the car (of course without the key fobs AND my Phone with me) and open the driver side door sit inside the car for a while, touch the interface buttons etc. and no any kind of panic alarms sound!!

Situation #2:
Leave the car unlocked for a while and everything else explained as above in #1 above, I shake the car hard enough from the outside (pretending that any gyroscopic/motion sensors would come into play and the car would sound the alarms but nothing happens!!

Anyone else encountered it? Am I doing something wrong here? I feel like if I forget to lock the car someone can easily break in and do something.

Edit: sorry guys I didn't realize that the anti theft systems come into action when the car is locked. I kinda feel shy

Last edited by FreddyBMW; 06-02-2020 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0