View Single Post
      06-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #12
chriseast18
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i

UPDATE!!!

The story gets better. That was Saturday... Fast forward to 4:50PM today (June 1st). It's June in Mississippi, 95F and 100% humidity. I'm leaving the coffee shop when the battery light comes on. I think, no big deal, I'll just take it to the stealer and get a new battery. I start heading that way and the ABS and brake light come on. I'm like, yeah ok. They can fix that too. Start driving and ALL of the lights come on. Every damn one of them. Lights that I didn't even know existed came on. So I'm driving about 45 MPH and notice that the car has not shifted out of 1st. WTF??? I try to shift manually. No luck. Then the speedo starts going from 0-60 and back. over and over. Radio shut off and the A/C stopped working. Still in 1st gear. After damn near smashing into the back of an explorer because I was so fascinated by the light show on the dash, I come to a stop at the red light. Green light comes on. I mash the gas and it dies. Try to crank it. No luck. I'm in the middle lane of traffic, 1 lane on either side in 5:00 traffic. Car will not crank up at all. There I am sitting in the car, dripping in sweat and people honking the horn at me. I hit the SOS button. It disconnects several times before I can get somebody. I get to talking to the lady and it cuts off. 10 mins later the lady calls back to the car. She manages to get my cell number before it cuts off again. The cops were called and the tow truck but I ended up sitting in the traffic for about 40 mins. Cop tried to push the car but when I attempted to take it out of park, no dice. The car was stuck in park and would not budge. Tow truck had to drag the car up on the flatbed. Brand new rear tires too. What a lovely day....... Anybody want to guess what the problem might be??
Appreciate 0