08-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #17
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Great. I don't mind labor costs to get this done. My main objective is to preserve the original sound of the car, to drive it in stock form, but to change the tips to ones which are similar in style to OEM but maybe 12mm larger for each tip.
Stopped at my local dealer the other day and checked out the exhaust tips on their M6 convertible. They are just simple slip on's and can easily be taken off.
I ordered 4 new tips and plan to have them powder coated in shadow line black to replace the current chrome tips (the UK M5 edition (black) tips are not yet available via the parts system) . As others have mentioned Dimsa is also an option I used their tips on my old E90s and they worked great.

- Jan
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0