Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2, Datsun 280Z, MGB GTS V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post
Thanks,

Really good info there.

M4 has significantly better braking deceleration on the plots.

A couple of questions, what tyre pressures did you run? do you have adaptive suspension and if so what settings?
Sorry, forgot to mention that. I have the M-adaptive chassis, and I ran it in sport plus all the time. I even found it a little soft, but that was also because of the tires. The side walls are a little soft. Great tire the MPSS, but it's not a track tire.

I started with 2,1 bar, what's that 32? Most tires were up to 2,5 after the session, with the left front up to 3,0 as the most after I pushed too hard.

It's interesting with the brake distance, It's basically the same yet the speeds were quite higher with the M4. A set of track pads and you would really dare to push it further. Brakes were OK yesterday but didn't give me the confidence needed to be able to push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
The 370Z is a great track car; I used to track my G35 (same platform and engine and suspension as the 350Z, just about 200-300 more lbs for luxury equipment inside) extensively and it was a great track car. But yeah, the M4 beats it, from all reports. I look forward to getting home and getting my M4 and tacking to the track.
Yeah, it's a fun car that doesn't get enough credit IMHO. For the money it's absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't mind stripping one and build a proper track car out of it.
7:51,4 BTG BMW M4, 8:35 BTG Mini Clubman S, 8:56,6 BTG Swift Stage 2
208 laps on the Nordschleife
Appreciate 0