01-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
sxybmr4me
BMW Warranty *****istrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 CPE 3.0si Silver Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
YOW! Suddenly the $32K I paid for mine (Prem + Nav, but no Sport) doesn't seem like such a killer deal anymore. Still happy, but wish I had your negotiating skills. Enjoy your ride.

PS. I'm not in a crazy hurry to change wheels, but would be interested in a less radical/expensive option (like good sticky non-run-flat rubber on lightweight 17's). Any suggestions (including optimal width/offset if different from stock) would be appreciated.

Thanks.
If I were you and you wanted to keep with the factory 17" wheels, I would get the factory tire size and put on some of the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Ultra High Performance Summer tires. I had a set on my 3-series and they were the best tires I have ever had on a car and granted they cost a little more than some tires, they were worth every cent! They ran quiet, the grip on them was SUPERB on dry pavement and shed the rain water away like a gem! I am actually getting some for my Z4 in 18" to replace a rather rediculous problem plagued bridgestone RE050 RFT's that come as stock...
Appreciate 0