View Single Post
      03-24-2019, 09:33 AM   #39
GTFM3
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Anyone that thinks the Cayenne/Macan don't drive like a sports car need to drive a turbo with PDCC, the handling is incredible for an SUV its size. I'm still holding out hope for a special edition V8 Macan one of these days because i'd buy it in an instant, but that's probably a pipe dream. Wish they could put the PDK in the Cayenne but apparently they can't due to needing the auto for hauling capacity and the PDK can't handle towing like the auto can. My Cayenne Turbo was also the most comfortable car I've ever driven, the only complaint I had was the auto is nowhere near as smooth shifting as the PDK, it's like night and day. The bang for the buck on a used one is unparalleled IMO.
Re: ZF vs PDK...
I just drove the new Cayenne, and the new/revised ZF automatic is as close to my PDK as I have experienced. Both the Cayenne and X5 were never really on my "buy" list, but the new versions of both have IMO improved immensely. Love my Macan, but not interested in new all-electric conversion, nor am I pleased that the ICE Macan will not be updated to new body structure. So it looks like X5 or Cayenne base for me. Acceleration according to C&D, MT essentially identical. Handling and residual value goes to Porsche. Price, maintenance costs and efficiency go to BMW. Design is personal, but my preference is the Porsche (especially interior quality). But there is a $12K premium as specified...minimum. I'm retired, so that's considerable.
Appreciate 0